As part of our extensive research for our 2013 player profiles and projections, we computed the percentage of carries and targets each player received among his team's total. You'll see these tidbits scattered throughout our profiles when they're released in mid-June. But in the meantime, here are 10 of the juiciest morsels we uncovered:
1. Calvin Johnson drew a whopping 205 targets last season, but that ranked just 8th in the league in share of team total. That's because the Lions attempted an NFL-record 740 passes.
2. Brandon Marshall saw 40% of the Bears' total pass attempts. The next highest percentage in the league was Reggie Wayne at 30.9%. That 9.1% gap was slightly larger than the gap between Wayne and 20th-ranked Greg Olsen.
3. Then-rookie Doug Martin led all RBs with 76.7% of his team's total rush attempts. Chris Johnson finished 2nd at 73%.
4. Jason Witten led TEs with 22.8% of his team's targets. That ranked 17th in the NFL - and 1.6 percentage points higher than #2 TE, Greg Olsen.
5. No surprise: Darren Sproles led RBs with 15.5% of team targets. Big surprise: Marcel Reece ranked 6th with 11.6%.
6. Cam Newton saw a QB-high 25.7% of his team's rush attempts - more than RBs Jacquizz Rodgers, Fred Jackson and Donald Brown. Among QBs, Robert Griffin finished a distant 2nd, 4.4 percentage points behind Newton.
7. Andrew Luck (14.1%) finished 5th in percentage of his team's rush attempts, right between Michael Vick and Colin Kaepernick.
8. Speaking of Kaepernick, he would have ranked 3rd among QBs with a 19.1% mark if we only count the 7 regular-season games he started.
9. BenJarvus Green-Ellis benefitted from receiving 64.7% of the Bengals' rush attempts last year - 5th highest in the league. That number figures to take a significant hit in 2013 with the addition of rookie Gio Bernard.
10. James Jones and Randall Cobb checked in 16th and 17th, respectively, in fantasy points among WRs. But they fell 33rd and 42nd in percent of team targets. Chalk that up to the brilliance of Aaron Rodgers.
This is just a taste of the research we use to help you rule your fantasy draft. Want to humble your friends with knowledge bombs and then dominate them all season? Then click right here to access all of our exclusive premium content!