Each person took a team or 2 and selected the player they thought their team should draft (not who they think they will draft). Here are the results of the 2013 Draft Sharks Members Mock Draft - along with some commentary from the drafters. We can look back at this in 3 years and see if we all sucked less than the real GMs.
1. Chiefs (DS Jared) - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M "The Chiefs have more talent on the roster than you'd expect from a 2-14 team. But OT is a major need after letting Eric Winston walk. Joeckel just so happens to be one of the cleanest prospects in the class. He'll step in as a difference-maker right from Day 1."
2. Jaguars (theogreen) - Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
3. Raiders (DWDWDW) - Sharrif Floyd, DL, Florida
4. Dolphins (DS Jared) - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan "With 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, we can afford to make this trade without compromising our overall draft class. What we can't afford is to enter 2013 with our current group of OTs…. Fisher has the skill set to start at LT right from the get-go. He's safer than Lane Johnson with more upside than Luke Joeckel.
5. Lions (RStonecold1980) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama "We need instant playmakers. Plus he addresses a clear need in the secondary."
6. Browns (midcarder3) - Ziggy Ansah, DL/LB, BYU
7. Cardinals (DS Kevin) - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma "Arizona doesn't have the luxury of going best player available in rd. 1 … so they snag the best (and highest upside) OL left in Johnson. He'll step in and start from day 1 and bolster one of 2012's worst all-around units."
8. Bills (DS Joe) - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia "I think the Bills would be thrilled if Austin fell to them. Their offense right now is C.J. Spiller and Stevie Johnson. Having a dynamite playmaker to take the pressure off those 2 guys could make for some serious matchup problems. Pair him with a promising QB in Round 2, and you just might have the start of something good."
9. Jets (boombatz) - Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB, LSU
10. Titans (Hornsfan78) - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama "It seems as if the Titans have made some moves in the off-season to address some of their critical needs (and some maybe, not so critical, Shonn Greene), but regardless can use this pick to solidify the O-Line."
11. Chargers (Boltman) - Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah "With all the OTs gone, the Bolts will settle for a guy who could be the best player in the draft. With the bogus heart issues behind him, he is a steal with the 11th pick. OT will have to be addressed in later rounds or in free agency after the draft."
*12. Eagles (DS Matt) - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia "I think the Eagles have rocked it in free agency so far, filling most of their prime needs. The most glaring at this point are a QB of the future and a corner or 2 … Ultimately, I don't know what's going to be left at QB come Round 2. Grabbing Smith here allows me to keep those other high picks. And it's entirely possible I can find a starting CB and top-shelf safety in the 2nd round." **
13. Jets (DS Matt) - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame "Eifert is an every-down guy ready to take the field tomorrow and help a foundering offense. Need meets relative value. And the pick even looks fairly safe."
14. Panthers (swampfox) - Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri "I believe they would have jumped on Tavon Austin here if available. They may reach for Cordarrelle Patterson, but Richardson is safe and a need pick."
15. Saints (boombatz) - Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia "Rob Ryan will make this guy a BEAST in his system."
16. Rams (benjaminpbaker) - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas "His range and athleticism will be a great addition to our secondary, while also providing some of the ‘play-making' ability that Snead and Fisher covet. Without Mikell or Dahl on the roster (they might eventually re-sign Mikell), Vaccaro is a day one starter."
17. Steelers (DS Lenny) - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee "With the top-3 NTs off the board, this pick was easy. Patterson is still unpolished as a receiver -- but will pay immediate dividends as a return guy."
18. Cowboys (Poobah) - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina "Dallas most strongly needs help on the OL. A prototypical 4-3 DT or playmaking safety would have tempted the Boys, but this is the best available player all things considered."
19. Giants (Hobbes4166) - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama "The G-Men were looking at Jonathan Cooper from a BPA perspective, but he got snagged there. Interested in Te'o, despite the media circus that would ensue, and Trufant, a need at CB."
20. Bears (Axe Gashington) - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St. "It was really a toss-up between Rhodes, Werner, and Ogletree (to get a long term answer to Urlacher). As mentioned in the fantastic Draft Sharks Mock Draft #2, "Peanut" Tillman is old and in the final year of his contract. Another thing is that he just waits for the guy to catch the ball and tries to knock it out, which in my opinion is a liability. So let's go BPA."
21. Bengals (DWDWDW) - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
22. Rams (benjaminpbaker) - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson "I was hoping that Patterson, Cooper, or Ogletree would still be available, but unfortunately those players are now off the board ... Hopkins fills another position of need and provides more of the explosive play-making threat that we need."
23. Vikings (alldaypop) - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington "When playing in a division with Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler and against receivers like Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, the Vikings primary need appears to be CB … Trufant will provide the Vikings with a CB with great coverage skills that displayed top-end speed at the combine and should be able to slide into a starting role, leaving Robinson & Cook to battle for the other starting position."
24. Colts (Poobah) - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal "With several players on the DL still sitting there, one could potentially fall to the Colts in Round 2. With Fluker and Cooper gone, there's no OL with a grade this high. The Georgia boys being gone make the LB field weak, unless I like Manti Te'o. I don't ... Finding Reggie Wayne's replacement has to be a consideration at some point."
25. Vikings (alldaypop)- Sylvester Williams, DL, North Carolina "With the Tampa-2 type defensive scheme that the Vikings deploy, they rely heavily on pressure from the front four. Sylvester Williams should help with that and is by far the best available player."
26. Packers (motleyman) - John Cyprien, S, Florida International
27. Texans (Hornsfan78) - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor "We were close to making a deal with the Cowboys to move up and take Cordarrelle Patterson, but the Steelers snatched him just as we were finalizing the deal. At that point, it made sense to wait, thinking our guy would make it to us."
28. Broncos (DS Jared) - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama "Lacy will step right into our backfield as a 3-down back. He's a rocked-up 5'11, 230-pounder with nifty feet. More importantly, he can contribute in the passing game as a receiver and pass-protector. I'm not worried about the bum hamstring or the 40 time. Lacy averaged more yards per carry at 'Bama than either Trent Richardson or Mark Ingram. He could be the final piece of Denver's Super Bowl puzzle."
29. Patriots (DS Kevin) - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M "WR was considered here. But a Belichick-led team has never taken one in the first round. Plus, several desirable targets went before this pick. So the Pats scoop up an explosive pass rusher. Moore has the ability to play 4-3 end or 3-4 'backer, and that type of versatility is invaluable to NE. He notched 21 tackles for loss last season, adding 12.5 sacks."
30. Falcons (Boltman) - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston "You can never have too many CBs, and Hayden would fill one of the few needs the Falcons have at this point. Hayden's smooth movement skills and ability to manufacture turnovers would be a great fit."
31. 49ers (dickt01) - Eric Reid, S, LSU 32. Ravens (alldaypop) - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame "Although somewhat controversial, Manti is the best player available and also fills a huge need. Many so-called draft experts had him as a top 10 pick before all the controversy and the combine workout, so the Ravens would be glad to see him fall all the way to the end of the 1st round." *Trade: The Dolphins acquired the #4 pick from the Eagles in exchange for picks #12, 42 and 82 **Trade: The Jets acquired the #13 overall pick from the Bucs in exchange for CB Darrelle Revis
So how'd we do? Weigh in over on the Draft Sharks Message Board! And if you'd like to join our exclusive fantasy football community, click right here to get going!