Hunter Renfrow's 2022 Projections & Outlook
#45 Wide Receiver
126.9 Projected Points
DS 3D Projections
What You Need to Know:
- Renfrow finished WR10 in PPR points, WR10 in half-PPR and WR14 in non-PPR last year.
- He set personal bests in 2021 with 103 catches, 1,038 yards and 9 TDs.
- Those marks ranked 8th, 19th and 9th among WRs.
- Renfrow tied for 17th at the position with 128 targets. His 21.4% target share ranked 30th.
- His 13 targets inside the 10-yard line were good for 4th league-wide.
- He worked mostly short stuff, with a 6.8-yard average depth of target that ranked 80th among 84 qualifying WRs.
- Largely as a result of that aDOT, Renfrow caught 80.5% of his targets but averaged just 10.1 yards per catch.
- Renfrow ranked 22nd in yards per route run and 16th in Pro Football Focus receiving grade among 90 qualifiers.
- He benefited from TE Darren Waller missing 6 games and most of a 7th last year.
- Renfrow averaged 8.3 targets, 7.1 catches, 80 yards and .4 TDs in those 7 games.
- In 11 games alongside a healthy Waller, Renfrow averaged 7.4 targets, 5.5 catches, 49 yards and .5 TDs.
- Vegas’ trade for Davante Adams presents an obvious threat to Renfrow’s volume – both in general and near the end zone.
- Adams leads the NFL in catches, receiving yards and receiving TDs over the past 4 seasons.
- He’s commanded 10.8 targets per game during that stretch.
- The Raiders traded 1st- and 2nd-round picks to the Packers for Adams and then made him the league’s 2nd-highest-paid WR with a 5-year, $140 million contract.
- Adams spent 2 seasons with QB Derek Carr at Fresno State, racking up 3,031 yards and 38 TDs.
- The Raiders have a new coaching staff led by HC Josh McDaniels.
- McDaniels has 14 seasons of OC experience, 13 under HC Bill Belichick in New England and 1 with the Rams. He also spent close to 2 seasons as Broncos HC, getting fired 12 games into his 2nd campaign.
- McDaniels’ offense has produced some big seasons from slot receivers, most notably Julian Edelman and Wes Welker. Even in Denver, Eddie Royal averaged 6.1 targets per game under McDaniels.
Draft Sharks Bottom Line:
Renfrow set career highs across the board and finished as a top 14 fantasy WR across scoring formats last year.
His 128 targets played a big part in that, though. And that’s a number he’ll have trouble matching in 2022 with Davante Adams in town and Darren Waller likely healthier.
Still, Renfrow has obvious rapport with QB Derek Carr and will be playing in a Josh McDaniels offense that’s been friendly to slot receivers. Consider him a WR3 in full PPR drafts and a WR4 in half and non-PPR.